Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mango Pudding with Cinnamon and Clove Strawberries



Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©


Our friends Jonathan and Fiona invited us for a Indian dinner, and I brought this dessert:

Mango are quite expensive in NZ, and not always very good, but in the Indian shop I found this big can of Mango pulp.





For the Mango Pudding:

850 g mango pulp
250 ml water
2 tsp agar agar powder

Place the mango pulp and water into a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the agar agar powder and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring. Pour into a mould (mine had a hole in the centre) and let it set for a few hours, first at room temperature, and then in the fridge.

For the strawberries:

600 g strawberries
half a lemon
1 cinnamon quill
3 cloves
2 tbsp sugar



Hull and wash the strawberries, cut into small pieces and add the juice of half a lemon, one cinnamon quill and three cloves. Add 2 tsp of sugar and stir. Let the strawberries marinate for a few hours at room temperature and then cool in the fridge.


Thank you Jonathan and Fifi for the great evening and food! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Alessandra, I think you have an amazing vegan blog here! My opinion is far from being professional, but you definitely have a great blog!

    You take excellent photos!

    The mango pudding sounds so good. I can't wait to try out some of your recipes! I'm also going to check out your other blog that’s called "Only Recipes". I enjoy looking at vegetarian recipes. Most of them are very easy to veganize. :o) I don't understand why some vegans to like to look at them. That's kinda crazy if you ask me. I love trying to veganize dishes that I find that may or may not contain meat. That's what makes it adventurous to me.

    I live in a small town and it's very hard to find vegan foods here too. There's an Organic grocery store about an hour or so away from me that I go to every chance I get, but that's not very often. I haven't been in 6 months...ha When I do go, you can bet I stock up. :o)

    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! I love meeting new people! I look forward to seeing more of your great looking and sounding recipes! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle, your comment made my day :-)

    ciao
    A.

    ReplyDelete