Monday, November 21, 2011

Vegan sweet bites



I enter this post to the November edition of the blogging event Sweet New Zealand, hosted by Mairi of Taost



Mango Agar Agar Flowers



Mango pudding is a staple at home, and the kids like to take it to school for lunch. For the lunch boxes I usually cut it into squares, but just for fun this time I used some little flower cutters. Agar agar is easier to shape and cut than jelly, and it is healthier too. The basic recipe for mango agar agar pudding is here.


Hazelnut Gold Chocolates




Toast some hazelnuts and remove the skins, then drop into some melted dairy free chocolate, the darker the better. Collect 3 hazelnuts at the time and let them set together (I also spoon just a little more chocolate on top to make it more like a proper chocolate). I had a very little edible gold paper left from an old job, so I sprinkled some on the chocolates. It didn't give it any particular flavour, I must say (maybe I had too little?), but it looked pretty and sophisticated :-). Unfortunately is was dark by then and the photo is not too clear, the flash also made the chocolate look less dark that it actually was. Still, everything got eaten pretty happily!



Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©

3 comments:

  1. The mango and the chocolate both look good! Sometimes my camera's flash betrays me too. But, I can tell that chocolate must have been delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho provato, Ale, sì hai il captcha attivo. Per toglierlo, se vuoi, segui le indicazioni del blog che ho linkato nel mio post.

    ReplyDelete