Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Crunchy Bean Sprout Winter Mediterranean Salad


I love beans and lentils, but I also love salads and raw food, my body feels like it needs them!
I usually mix cooked beans with raw salad vegetables, but when I remember I get some bean sprouts, and I particularly like this crunchy bean combo from Sproutman. I can just eat the sprouted beans as they are, with a drop of olive oil and lemon juice, 





These crunchy beans are quite filling and with the addition of a few more goodies with just one packet of the packet bean combo I made a salad for 4! The I used iceberg lettuce, quite bland for my taste, but ok to give 'volume'.  I also used some semi dried tomatoes, and added more Mediterranean flavors: salted capers, and mixed olives. A salad like this really fills you up, and it is raw too! The dressing was just extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, with a pinch of salt.



And now some photos from Nan's garden in Christchurch, to add to my Pinterest flower board!
I told Nan that most of her flowers could be eaten, but promised that I would not ;-).




 





Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©

No comments:

Post a Comment