Friday, September 28, 2012

Vegan Nashi Tart







I love nashi pears, pity that the season is short... mostly I eat them raw, cut into thin slices, but since I had quite a few I wanted to make a quick tart. This is too easy! I just used one sheet of ready rolled vegan puff pastry, then I peeled and cut 2 big nashi pears and placed the slices on top. I finished everything with a dusting of icing sugar and placed the tart in the oven until the edges of the tart were puffy and golden. As a final touch I sprayed the tart with some grappa spray. Nashi are good for cooking and baking because they keep their shape and don't become brown! This I will make again, it was even better than an apple tart, which is saying a lot (for me!).







Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©


1 comment:

  1. It's lovely, but why don't the Pears get dried out? Don't you need a glaze of some sort to protect them from the heat of the oven?

    ReplyDelete