Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Olive Focaccia


One of my kids' favourite snack when they get home from school is a nice piece of freshly baked focaccia. I don't usually measure the ingredients, but the flour/water ratio is about 500 g of flour for 300 ml of water, plus a pinch of salt and 2 tsp of dried yeast granules and a pinch of sugar (this yeast dose is good up to 1 kg of flour). I made a dough.




While the dough was rising I cleaned the pantry and found a jar of the olives I marinated last year. They were still good, small (I picked them from a friend's tree) but very tasty.



First I needed to remove the stones, which I did with a knife. At first I did this over the jar, but it was messy and I wasted too much oil, so I drained a few olives (over the jar) little by little and then I cut the flesh off the stones.






I added the olives to the risen dough and mixed.




Then I left the dough to rise for a second time (I cannot give you exact times because I was mopping the house and making this focaccia at the same time... maybe 1 hour the first time and then 45 minutes?



I rolled the dough and resumed mopping (and you can see the mop in the picture!!!!) for other 30 minutes.



Then I made some little 'craters' with my fingers and added some olive oil from the olives' jar. I sprinkled with some rock salt on top.



Baked for about 30 minutes at 200 °C, and when the kids came home they smelled it immediately!!! Yum!!!!


Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©



6 comments:

  1. Che buona. Mi incuriosisce questo tipo di cucina. Brava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love fresh bread....you make it all sound so easy! May have to rustle some of this up on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Il gusto di queste olive lo conosco bene e nella focaccia... mammamia che accostamento voncente!

    Tiziana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was gonna say the same thing as Mairi -- you make it seem so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of olives, but this bread sounds so good! And I agree, you make it sound so easy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would have it even for breakfast! love it- you are the artist!

    ReplyDelete