Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Artichoke Tofu






In the freezer I had some artichokes which I had cooked alla romana, with garlic and parsley (you can find the recipe, which appeared on Cuisine Magazine, by clicking here).

They needed to be used, so I defrost them, removed the outer leaves and scraped the flesh out with a knife (lots of work!)

I set the flesh aside, collected the juices from the defrosted artichokes (they had made quite a bit of broth), and gently simmered the hearts again in their juices with some tofu cubes. The tofu soaked up the artichoke flavour nicely. Once all the water was absorbed I served the tofu ad artichokes hearts with some steamed carrots and boiled new potatoes, and the artichoke sauce made by heating up the artichoke flesh and adding a little olive oil.


Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©


1 comment: