Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Paccheri with tomato, parsley and garlic





Paccheri are hollow pasta tubes that look like rigatoni or tortiglioni, but with a difference: the paccheri tubes flatten once they are cooked. Usually the have very rich sauces, but I am one for
'less is more' these days, and so here I just warmed up a ready made Italian tomato passata (a good one).




Once the passata was hot I added some salt, extra virgin olive oil and finely chopped Italian parsley with garlic. These days I am chopping a lot of parsley and garlic together, it improves many dishes! Also, I like the idea of having a cooked sauce but with raw herbs and garlic in it: the taste changes completely. Simple but really effective!!!



Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time in reading this email, this is Jack D. with the marketing division of York Carpet Cleaning based in the Tri-State area. In finding your website and viewing the type of links offered from your site we feel their may be room for a potential collaboration with our web site as well. We are interested in discussing the possibilities of arranging a link exchange between your site and ours in efforts to drive more organic traffic to both our site and yours. I look forward to any questions or thoughts you may have regarding the matter. Thanks!

    Jack D.
    York Carpet Care, Inc.
    Info@NewJerseyCarpetCleaning.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jack, but I don't think that this is the right blog for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm, this looks and sounds delicious! I wish I could find some of that pasta around here. This sounds like my kind of dish! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Jack! :-) That sauce does look good! I love a good red sauce. We had pasta tonight, and it was so simple - some of the best kinds.

    ReplyDelete