Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tomato, Basil and Borage Flower Salad






This is a photo from a few months ago, when it was Summer in New Zealand, but I though that those readers who are in the Northern Hemisphere may like the idea. I made a simple salad with the produce from my garden: tomatoes, basil leaves, olive oil and salt (ok, olive oil and salt are not from my garden...), and some borage flowers for colour. It looked and tasted like a very happy salad :-).





Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©



6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. I'll have to research Borage. I've never seen seeds for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Thanks for the idea...it'll be a while before we get any ripe tomatoes around here...we've had a cool spring and summer, but when we do, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love that you put the flowers on it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Shenandoah, I bought the seeds from a catalogue, I am sure that they are available in the States too.

    ReplyDelete