Friday, September 28, 2012

Vegan Nashi Tart







I love nashi pears, pity that the season is short... mostly I eat them raw, cut into thin slices, but since I had quite a few I wanted to make a quick tart. This is too easy! I just used one sheet of ready rolled vegan puff pastry, then I peeled and cut 2 big nashi pears and placed the slices on top. I finished everything with a dusting of icing sugar and placed the tart in the oven until the edges of the tart were puffy and golden. As a final touch I sprayed the tart with some grappa spray. Nashi are good for cooking and baking because they keep their shape and don't become brown! This I will make again, it was even better than an apple tart, which is saying a lot (for me!).







Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©


2 comments:

  1. It's lovely, but why don't the Pears get dried out? Don't you need a glaze of some sort to protect them from the heat of the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    We've recently launched the site Everyrecipe.co.nz, where users can search through thousands of recipes from the best food sites and blogs of New Zealand.

    We noticed that you have a lot of delicious recipes on your blog and would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: http://www.everyrecipe.co.nz/top-food-blogs.

    Follow the instructions on our site to add your own food blog to the list. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on http://www.everyrecipe.co.nz/.

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Warm regards,

    Emilie
    Everyrecipes.co.nz

    ReplyDelete