Monday, March 14, 2011

Stewed Borlotti Beans with Smoked Paprika







Soak the borlotti in water for 10 hours, changing often the water and washing them at the same time. Then cook them with plenty of water, removing any scam that forms at the top with a slotted spoon.
They should cook in one hour, taste to see. I add salt when they are nearly ready, and when I stopped removing excess scum from the top. Your beans are ready for any recipe now! Keep the stock, it can be used for soups, or as stock when a recipe requires it.





Stewed Borlotti Beans with Smoked Paprika

Here I chopped a small white onion, a small carrot and a celery stalk with leaves. I sautéd the vegetables with some extra virgin olive oil, and then I added the beans, and some of their sock, which is already salty.



I cooked the beans, adding stock little by little, until they started to mush lightly. I added some smoked paprika, stirred, and served with some crusty bread on the side.


 Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©







4 comments:

  1. Hello! A big fan of smoked paprika & with borlotti beans sounds delicious...perfect comfort food for the cooler climes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks very good! Sounds perfect to warm you up. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice, simple soup! Are borlotti beans similar to pinto beans? Their shape and color reminds me of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they are similar but bigger.

    ReplyDelete