Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stewed Yellow Capsicums




More from my Italian Travels' Diary: I got these capsicums from my aunt Alice's veggie garden in the North East of Veneto, Italy, and they were huge! Here a photo when green...



.... And after a week of sun!





Stewed Yellow Capsicums

Chop an onion, a carrot, a stalk of celery and 4 (huge) capsicums. Place in a pot with a little olive oil and sauté for a few minutes. Simmer on low, keeping the pot covered and stirring from time to time for about 40 minutes to one hour. The vegetables should have enough water and as long as you keep the heat very low you probably won't need to add water. I add the salt only halfway through the cooking. They can be used as a side vegetable but also to dress pasta or polenta. They can also be blended into a sauce, dip, or a soup.




Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©




5 comments:

  1. Colorful and healthy home grown veggies, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry guys, I lost all of your comments with the blogger break-down.
    Apologies if I cannot respond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the benefits of not getting a lot of comments -- fewer to lose when blogger breaks down!

    We call Capsicums 'Peppers' here in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Shenandoah, still a pity, for this post I had 4 comments, and I rarely get over 5, so for me it was a bit of a loss. :-(.

    ReplyDelete